Price Guide For Geofencing | Cost of Geofencing Explained
One of the biggest questions – and common misconceptions – is around the cost of geofencing. So what IS the cost of geofencing? The answer: It depends. Pricing typically ranges between $4-$14 CPM (cost per thousand impressions). Many factors can affect the price, including advanced targeting features and impression volume. For example, if you purchase a million impressions, your CPM will likely be lower than if you were to purchase 5,000,000 impressions. Here are five questions to consider when requesting a quote for geofencing services:
5 cost of geofencing components
- Full-service or self-service? – On a budget? Hands-on kind of team? Some self-service options may work for you, but others may be too much of an investment in time and resources. At Thumbvista, we consider ourselves a full-service agency with self-service competitive pricing. We can provide the level of service and premium features one would expected from a full-service agency, but our pricing is comparable to what you would see with any self-service option. It’s the best of both worlds.
- Size and number of geofences? – The size and number of geofences can greatly influence the cost of your campaign. Fifty geofences within a zip code will cost you more than simply geofencing the entire zip code. The larger the geofence, the lower the CPM (cost per thousand), because the volume is typically higher and inventory is more plentiful.
- Where do you want to be seen? – This is a tricky one, but important. If you want specific placements, you can and should request them. If not, then the real-time-bidding (RTB) world takes over and your ads could appear on thousands of different sites, some of which could contain questionable content. Thumbvista uses blacklists and manual optimization techniques to help ensure quality placements. We also offer placement white-listing for specific or premium requests. Only want to appear on national news sites? We have a white list for that. Only want quality parenting sites? We have a white list for that too.
- What is the level of reporting? – Not all services are alike. Some are fully transparent and others are not. Some show the breakdown of impressions per location, and some only give a total overall campaign. Some companies won’t even tell you where your ads appeared. Thumbvista works with you before your campaign to determine what data you would like to see on your reports and what your KPIs are for the project.
- How much data layering and premium features do you want? – The more bells and whistles you add to your campaign, the higher the price. Demographic and behavior targeting, retargeting, and other features come at a cost. Often times, they’re well worth the investment, but they can easily double or triple the campaign costs. At Thumbvista, we’ll work with you to determine if the added cost is worth the investment based on our history and experience working on hundreds of campaigns.
When it comes to pricing, answering these few quick questions will give you an idea of the budget you would need for a successful campaign. Volume purchases or bulk buys can also help you get a great deal from companies that offer them. At Thumbvista, our expertise and global partnerships help us deliver affordable, strategic campaigns for our clients all over the world. We’d love to help you with your next campaign. Contact us today for a custom quote.