Thumbvista is a mobile geofencing company that serves companies all over the world. We started in 2012 as a mobile geofencing and advertising company that is focused on marketing a relevant brand messaging and using non-app data with the help from telco location data or cell tower data.
Don’t let “geofencing” be your only strategy. We are mobile first company but not all campaigns need geofencing. Is geofencing right for your company ? If you are not sure – Click here to find out
Our main goal continues to be to provide the answer you are looking for when searching for a mobile geofencing company, quality advertising that is effective and relevant. Mobile display advertising or mobile banners are great for branding. Placing this type of advertising in front of the right person at the right place in time adds to the effectiveness by adding relevance to the overall marketing message. When we began a little over 10 years ago our main focus was increasing quality and effectiveness using tools such as location services.
We Are A Mobile Geofencing Company Focused On Advertising Quality
Over the years we have adapted with emerging data technologies and partner with many companies and technologies from all over the world. This has made us a mobile marketing and geofencing industry pioneer launching campaigns for some Fortune 500 companies all over the world such as Shell and VW. Whether Fortune 500 or local business we focus on the same goal, adding relevance to mobile marketing and advertising using data and location based tools such as geofencing. We now have the ability to integrate location data and access to 3rd party data from companies like Oracle, Nielsen and more to truly find the right person at the right places and time.
Thumbvista is a full service mobile marketing and geofencing company in terms of geofencing for display advertising. We have years of campaigns to pull mobile geofencing and marketing ideas and strategy from companies large and small. Our niche has always been making mobile more relevant for the marketer and their customers. Along with being a mobile geofencing company, we offer dynamic landing pages, coupons and other linking strategies as well as mobile/digital ad design. Thumbvista mobile advertising has recently launch it’s self service geofencing solution that helps a wider variety of business be able to roll up their sleeves and use the same geofencing tools as the fortune 500 or their giant advertising agencies.
Top Ideas for Mobile Geofencing
- Events – Conventions and Trade Shows etc.
- Grand Openings – Geofence surrounding area let them know of big date.
- Recruiting – Need employees, but not sure where to look? How about geofences around your competition?
- Sales – Everyone loves a good deal, so let people in area know about one!
- Awareness – Branding + Mobile Geofencing = match made in ad heaven.
- Political Campaigns – Issue awareness, date of rally or voting reminders, etc.
- Surveys – You can get the answers you are looking for from the right person at the right place and time.
Since 2012 Thumbvista has been working toward the best geofencing company on the market. We have use mobile geofencing for or around event strategies such as the MLB Allstar Game, Comic Con, CES, The Super Bowl, the Pope visit to Philadelphia and many other local, national and world events. See case studies link above for more insights on these campaigns.
Commonly Geofenced Areas
- Universities – strong demos and rich location data. Students love apps and if you craft the right messaging the is relevant to their needs it could be a great fit.
- Competitors – whether it is targeting the competitors for customers or employees it is a mobile geofencing company solution the just makes sense.
- Events – One of the things that make us a top mobile geofencing company is that we focus on relevance. Nothing is more relevant than a group of like minded people at an event.
- Hospitals – Many use cases for geofencing including hiring or finding those who may need a product or service based on their recent visit.
- Neighborhoods – Localized marketing is the point of local relevance. By geofencing a neighborhood you know the local vicinity and can drive traffic to a location near by.
- City Blocks – Get granular in a city. Focus in on who is in an area and mobile advertising can get in front of the right audience. We can get down to 500ft in many urban areas.
- Shopping Districts – Drive store foot traffic, promote and event or coupons with mobile geofencing in a shopping mall or district
- Voting Districts – Being able to draw a virtual perimeter around a voting district has great advantages for reducing ad waste and creating advertising that speaks to a very targeted audience to their needs specifically. Geofencing can be used at the local, state or national levels and Thumbvista has even used the mobile strategy for global workers rights campaign geo-targeting and international airport.
- Towns – some times the message needs to be relevant based on placement. Creative matching towns sometimes can make more effective results.
- Regional area (nearly anywhere on Earth) Whether a statewide campaign is needed or larger traffic segment based on country or regional inventory, we have you covered. Almost any where on Earth where we have access to mobile inventory or a user has a smart phone. Convention in Dubai or Sydney? Yes, we have ran this campaign many of times.
The true goal of hiring a Geofencing Company is to increase Advertising Quality
The main goal of geofence advertising or hiring a mobile geofencing company is to reduce ad waste and give your customers a relevant experience. Location adds to to effectiveness in a mobile advertising campaign. Display advertising that is relevant by using geofencing to leverage location relevance and as time goes on other factors have came into play such as site or app quality, reducing bot activity or overall data quality. The best location placement does not help if ad inventory is being ruin by apps that are not relevant or if activity is not real. Quality is important in choosing a geofencing company and mobile marketing partner.
Relevant ad experiences are key to interacting with consumers. In a recent Onespot and Marketing insider group study more than three quarters of people survey said ad relevance increased their likelihood of making a purchase. The more relevant ad experience the more effective the mobile ad campaign.
Location services data collected properly adds relevance. Digital Advertising the has gone through the proper channels in receiving the data that leverages location based services to set a perimeter called a mobile geofence to collect or transfer data from such as GPS, cell tower data, Bluetooth, RFID or IP address are using some sort of geofencing. Geofencing is leveraging a virtual perimeter (geofence) of some type to trigger an action and that action could mean sending a message or limiting advertising to show only within the perimeter requested.
Mobile Geofencing Company & More
We are not just a mobile geofencing company, but partner through out the entire marketing project. Thumbvista partners with advertising agencies, brands, marketers and technology companies that build mobile geofencing software and devices for multiple campaign and brand messaging proposes.
The difference in our geofencing services
From deciding where to geofence to ad design and the overall strategy and optimization we use mobile geofencing for mobile display ads that show on mobile websites and within mobile apps. We harness the power of mobile geofencing for marketing to produce the most relevant message possible for the marketer and mobile device user viewing the advertisement. We have worked with companies large and small, from advertising agencies to auto dealer groups to provide mobile geofencing services. See some of our mobile geofencing case studies here. Along with location strategies we can help provide strategies to reach mobile users who share certain interest or demos that align with your overall mobile marketing omni-channel approach.
Does Advertising Using Mobile Geofencing Make Sense For You?
Below are some ideas on how we can help in a mobile first strategy and some of the top industries using this type of advertising technology.
Case Studies for Geofence Advertising
Our Geofence creation ability
Thumbvista is a full service mobile advertising company and can help with strategy along with media buying We have the ability from partnerships from around the globe to create a geofence (1 or 1000) in radius (or polygon) down to 100 meters (or less) geo-target zip codes, DMA’s up to the entire country or world. We work along side our partner marketers to establish their needed KPIs and report accordingly.
How Large or Small Should Geofence Be?
This is up to you and your strategy. Mobile geofencing best practices for retail are of the thinking of how far a customer will drive to your location. Another example is thinking where is you targeted audience going to be in future. This means if you are geofencing an event and want to target a convention center during a multi-day event, you should target around the event as well to catch attendees going to lunch or to hotels in the evening. One last example would be for example targeting a University. In this case targeting the footprint of the University may be enough but could vary based on surrounding. Sometimes smaller isn’t always better. Quality could increase with targeting larger areas or zipcodes. As stated in this Forbes article sometimes you can think regionally, put yourself in your customer’s shoes and enrich your ad experience with creativity.
Geofencing with Direct Mail using IP Addresses
By connecting your address list from mailing campaign we can geofence the businesses or households and promote your company with mobile geofencing via geofenced display on mobile and desktop devices in the home or business by using the IP location along with GPS from the mobile device. This could be huge for company who already are doing direct mail campaigns to help with overall effectiveness of the campaign.
Top Industries for Mobile Geofencing
- Retail -Uses- pushing coupons, promoting in-store or online events, hiring and grand openings
- CPG -Uses- pushing or notifying shoppers of saving or new products. Nearest location.
- Airline – Uses – Airport promotion, travel location deals, regional marketing and hiring.
- Legal- Uses- Hiring, personal injury, business, corporate law services promotion.
- Non-Profit – Uses- fund raising, localized event promotion.
- Medical – Uses – Hiring, local location opening, nearest locations, new services promotions.
- Pharm – Uses – Reaching audience hyper local area also tied with demo targeting.
- Government – Uses-local messaging about event, services or hot community topic.
- Financial – Use –Finding right people in local area who fit perfect customer persona.
- Hospitality- Uses- Finding traveler based on current location. Asking recent travelers about experience.
- Restaurant – Uses –Event, new menu items, mobile geofencing local area for grand opening.
- Auto -Uses – Mobile geofencing competition, or real time customers in service or general waiting areas.
Why you should choose Thumbvista as your mobile geofencing company?
We have been using the location based marketing tool called geofencing since 2012. Thumbvista has been cited as early as 2013 in text books on the subject of geofencing and with have worked with companies all over the world and have learn from some of the true industry pioneers along the way. We know the common pitfalls in mobile advertising and how to make sure you are using tools such as geofencing correctly. Thumbvista is more than just a geofencing company, we are mobile centric and do our best to use the best most effective mobile marketing and advertising tool, techniques and strategies available.
Don’t see you industry or need more ideas or answers on an upcoming project? We are experienced in the mobile geofencing industry, but are always open to hearing creative ideas for the technologies uses. As a mobile marketing geofencing company that has been around since 2012 we have resources globally that can help with nearly any type of marketing and advertising plan. Contact us today for a custom consult.
We are more than just a mobile geofencing company
We provide many mobile marketing solutions as well including video, digital display advertising, user friendly mobile coupons, digital audio and premium placements on sites of choice. Geofencing is a tool we have in our tool box using location based services data and the GPS or IP location of a device. This does not always increase the effectiveness in all cases. Let a true geofencing pro speak to you about which tool available make the most sense for you brand.
Location data in the marketing process
There is more to just using location in targeting relevant mobile advertising. Location data from a device’s GPS can be used in all phases of the marketing funnel. Consumer location can be apart of the planning on finding the right audience all the way to measuring conversion at the business point of sale. Geofencing is just the tool using the location data that creates a perimeter to measure the entry and exit of a device.
Here are 3 things to watch for when thinking about or running a geofencing marketing campaign.
Bots and Fraud – many sites and apps spoof the location data to show as within areas to increase their traffic and in turn increase the amount of money that brings in via ad impressions. Companies such as Double Verify can help with bot control.
Ad Viewability – Not all impressions are viewable in normal RTB The are other companies such as IAS, Double Verify or Moat that help with the quality of mobile advertising traffic using location based service data in the form of geofencing.
Brand Safety for your mobile advertising – At Thumbvista, we use black listing many times to control known apps and sites from presenting your advertising. Also companies that can help with geofencing marketing campaigns with brand quality are the same that help with bots, fraud and viewability. We layer these filters on many times to be as agile as possible in your campaign optimization.
For more information about how our geofencing company can build you a better quality mobile advertising campaign contact us today.