How Do Geo-targeted Mobile Ads Work? The What? Where? Why?
Geo-Targeted Mobile Advertising is when a particular creative ad appears only in a certain predefined area based on latitude and longitude of a mobile user with settings to accept ads using their devices location services with a application or a network of applications. Geo-Targeted mobile advertising is extremely effective if set up and manage with strategy in mind. Mobile ads can be used to drive awareness of a event, new location or product/ service that is location relevant.
Geo-Targeted mobile advertising is extremely effective if set up and manage with strategy in mind. Mobile ads can be used to drive awareness of a event, new location or product/ service that is location relevant.
What Happens After The Click?
Ok, so you have their attention…now what?
The after click is the most important part of the the mobile strategy. Here are a few options of what is available.
Options For The Marketer & Consumer
1. The Click To Call – If the phone to ring is what you are looking for than a click to call feature is the best choice. This works best for orders, reservations, appointments or even donations.
2. Mapping via GPS – This feature works within the device with the mobile users phone to help navigate to the advertisers nearest location. Great to drive foot traffic to sales or events.
3. Application Download – Many companies are using this feature to go from click to long term relationship by getting their app download on the mobile device of where their ad was just seen.
4. Offer / Coupon – To link to a landing page or mobile coupon feature is nothing new, but still highly effective. By using Apple Pass features for iPhone customers takes this strategy one step further and continues the relationship long after the ad is gone.
5. Video – Linking to a video can be a great way to showcase a product in action or a venue. If a picture is a thousand words then a video is a billion.
6. URL – Please don’t link to a standard webpage (especially not mobile friendly) unless branding is your main priority. Link to relevant pages based on location, time or offering. Take it one step further by tracking this page and it’s effectiveness and possible switching it up with multivariate testing.
With many mobile banner ad platforms multiple action links can be added to give the mobile users options. Custom widgets, social media and mobile landing pages can also be used and creativity adds many use cases to great geo-targeted mobile advertising campaigns. The main thing to remember is to stay relevant as possible to the audience you are speaking to and be open to changing creative to match linking area or choice.
Want to start your own campaign? Contact us today!